Translate

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lupus Stinks

July 25, 2011 was a life altering day for me.  I was diagnosed with Lupus.  The end of one journey and the start of another.

 My  very first symptom was fatigue.  I'm realizing that that started shortly after giving birth to my children and by 1997, it was definitely abnormal.  My hair falling out, gushing nose bleeds, feeling like I have a terrible flu- everyday, unrelenting muscle and joint pain.....Finally lead to a diagnosis.  My Rheumatologist suspected it on my first visit, she gave me the diagnosis 18 months later, only when she was absolutely certain.

May 20, 2012 -The Lupus Foundation of America is holding a fundraiser in Ocean City, NJ.  I will be walking.  I am currently raising funds to help find the cause and cure for Lupus.  If you would like to help, I suggest a donation of $3 - as times are hard- of course, if you want to give more, that's fine too.  Click on link:
http://www.active.com/donate/2012SouthJersey/walkforlupusYYaar-S

No comments: