Translate

Friday, October 22, 2021

 I am going to start being more active here.  I got rid of my website and plan on using this instead- a place you can see my work and keep up with events.  I keep hoping I can get back to teaching, but it seems just as one medical issue resolves and things settle for a few weeks,  then something else “breaks” - I’m a Lupie!  I have Lupus SLE along with multiple other autoimmune diseases with some serious complications.  I like to say that it’s a blessing because I probably would not have pursued a career in art had I not gotten ill.  I absolutely love what I do.  Starting and running a practice management consulting and medical billing company was quite a challenge and I did it!  But it was never my life long dream- it was a means to an end.  In the mid 90’s I researched what industries were up and coming and which had the ability to be done from home, so I could be there for my children, Neil and Alyse.  I officially launched it in 1998 and put it completely to rest around 2017.  Nearly 20 years, eeek.  In 2003 I decided to go back to school for a Bachelor’s in Glass Art.  At the time, there were only a few schools across the country that offered a BA in Glass.  After a semester, I decided that it was just too hard.  It was the commute that made it a problem.  2 hours ONE way.  So 4 hours of driving twice a week and all my classes were on Tuesday and Thursday, meaning I got up around 5 am and got home at Midnight.   My MIL moved in with us during that time and I was still raising Neil and Alyse.  Since school was out, I bought books.  A LOT of books.  I am mostly self taught besides that one college semester.  By 2005/6 I felt that I was skilled enough to start teaching and selling my work.  I also started an art organization specifically for Downtown Toms River - TRAC [Toms River Artist Community].  Soooo, here I am.   

I do commissions and sell my work online- a lot of people purchase my work as soon as I post it on Facebook/Instagram.    I mail anywhere in the USA.  If you are willing to pay the astronomical shipping fees to other countries, I’m game. :) 

Since teaching is pretty much a done deal - I am hoping to make some tutorials using You Tube.  You can always contact me- I could still do private lessons that are one on one, but I do not have the stamina for group classes.  

Thank you for your continued support.  

You can send a message through this blog or email me directly :  YaarArt@gmail.com    I usually respond within 48 hours but sometimes my medical issues cause me to be a little slower.  Thanks for your patience and understanding. 


No comments: